Unburied Papyrus

Embroiled in the enigma of existence in more strange & unsettling times, one must hold onto the miracle or risk becoming one of the walking dead. These entries are a poor approximation of my life & the wonders that pass through my spirit. If I could communicate properly how much I love you all & assign a tireless list of evolving names that fit I would, instead I offer these random reflections.

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Attempt #36 at a Zen Circle

As Durer or Blake
I would release the line
engraving cedar
with a gryphon's vicious, noble truth
or like Michelangelo
unfurl a spine from stone
giving warmth to the cold.
Achieving no-mind
with conscious intent
I would naturalize my brushstroke
& the immigrant's family---
two girls
chartreuse & robin's egg blue bows in their hair,
Neruda in their future.
My hand wouldn't waver.

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home